(Press Play For Audio Article)
Released in 2014, the famed Shopping Bag silhouette by Telfar becomes ‘Best Fashion Design’ of 2020 by the Design Museum.
Over the past two years, the rise to fame shopping bag hosted eventful debuts with instant sold-out events. Based on the most recent demands Telfar made a 24-hour promise. The brand is in an on-going delivery on all orders made within their 24-hour posted time.
Emily King a guest of the museum stated, “Telfar has redefined what luxury means and, in an era where true luxury is having a functioning health and social security system. I think their slogan, ‘Not for you, for everyone,’ rings very true.”
The Beazley-sponsored event includes six design categories plus an overall winner: architecture, digital, fashion, graphics, product, and digital. The “Beazley Designs of the Year” exhibit runs from October 21, 2020, through 28th March 2021 at the Design Museum, located at Kensington High Street in London.
Check out the full list of winners below.
- Overall: Teeter-Totter Wall was designed by Ronald Rael and Virginia San Fratello with Colectivo Chopeke.
- Architecture: ModSkool designed by Social Design Collaborative
- Digital: A Rapist in Your Way (Un Violador en tu Camino) designed by Colectivo LASTESIS
- Fashion: Telfar Shopping Bag designed by Telfar Clemens
- Graphics: 3D Rendering of SARS-CoV-2 designed by Alissa Eckert and Dan Higgins of Centre for Disease Control
- Product: Impossible Burger 2.0 designed by Impossible Foods
- Transport: Teeter-Totter Wall designed by Ronald Rael and Virginia San Fratello with Colectivo Chopeke