(Press Play For Audio Article)
While stars provide comic release on IG, Rihanna responds to the Covid-19 health crisis with a donation intended to provide as much relief.
According to Rihanna’s led CLF press-release available, the funds are intended to provide relief to local food banks serving the elderly and other at-risk communities or communities that have also been overlooked. Another portion of the budget will provide protective equipment for health care workers; establishing (and maintaining) ICUs; distributing respiratory supplies and more affected by the current state of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Clara Lionel Foundation has partnered with the following organizations to immediately mobilize a broad response. The foundation is working with on-the-ground partners that include Direct Relief, Feeding America and Partners in Health. The World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, the International Rescue Committee, among others.
Funds will support:
• Local food banks serving at-risk communities and the elderly in the United States;
• Acceleration of testing and care in countries like Haiti and Malawi, as well as the mobilization of resources and additional capacity and support for Native communities;
• Protective equipment for frontline health workers and diagnostic labs, the establishment and maintenance of intensive care units, and acceleration of the development of vaccines and other therapies across the globe;
• Healthcare worker training, virus prevention and containment in countries that will be on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response; and,
• Distribution of critical respiratory supplies.
[bctt tweet=”While stars provide comic release on IG, Rihanna responds to the Covid-19 health crisis with a donation intended to provide as much relief.” via=”no”]